|Credit Know The Score - How Canadian Credit Bureau Works!!|
We know that most lenders pulls "Credit Bureau" generated by "Equifax" however RBC pulls Trans Union only. We thought you would like to know some info..
|How to pay your bills and invest, too!|
::::How to pay your bills and invest, too!::::
There’s no doubt about it, making ends meet is tough. And getting ahead?—well, for many Canadians, t..
|Mortgage Challenges What Canadian Market Faces TODAY!|
Enclosed please find a "brief synopsis" of mortgage challenges what Canadian Market is suffering these days in various market segments.
|Last-minute tax return tips that can add up to more tax-savings for yo|
::::Last-minute tax return tips that can add up to more tax-savings for you::::
It's tax time! And while preparing your tax return is never fun, yo..
On 10th January, 2004 on a very cold Saturday afternoon a group of 25-30 Canadian Desi’s met in Toronto for the first ever meeting of Canadian Desi.co..
|How can I spend for tomorrow's spending when I cannot keep up with pay|
How can I spend for tomorrow's spending when I cannot keep up with paying for yesterday's? Part 1
There is hope yet.
This article is for some..
|CANADIAN GOVT. IMPOSES ADJUSTMENTS TO LENDING...|
Ottawa, July 9, 2008 2008-051
Government of Canada Moves to Protect, Strengthen
Canadian Housing Market
The Government of Canada today announce..
|Buying a Home: What You Can Afford|
Buying a Home: What You Can Afford
If you're thinking of purchasing your first home, you probably have a lot of great ideas about what you'd like - ..
|Buying a Home: What You Can Afford|
If you're thinking of purchasing your first home, you probably have a lot of great ideas about what you'd like - such as several thousand square feet ..
Some simple hints for Home ownerships for Self Employed, Commissioned Sales Person, Seasonal Employees and Regular Incomes.
|Immigration 101: How to Succeed in Canada?|
A.Who should immigrate to Canada?.
We keep reading the very same questions repeatedly in regards to job opportunities in Canada.
The dichotomy o..
|Income Tax in Canada - Individuals|
GET READY FOR YOUR FIRST TAX RETURN AND BENEFITS CLAIM
All the persons living in Canada have a statutory obligation to comply with the laws of Ca..
|Never say NO to any job. Every job is respectable.|
After reading couple of success stories here I thought I should share my experiences with u. I landed here in 2002 summer. My husband was..
|New Quebec Immigrant Investor Program Checklist|
On July 15, MIDI issued a new checklist to replace the controversial document checklist of December 2014. This new QIIP document checklist brings sign..
|First Time Home Buyer Information|
Making the right choice when it comes to purchasing a home is a matter of good planning, not good luck. No one person can be expected to know everythi..
|Canadian Immigration & CitizenshipMy Experiences with CanadaAbout CanadaTips for job findingsHousing and MortgagesMoney MattersTips for newcomers to CanadaRESP & InsurancesEducation in CanadaMiscellaneous
Incurring debt is part of life for most people. Understanding how best to handle credit will help you maintain control of your overall financial situation.
Strong credit leads to quick credit approval at the best possible terms. Your credit history must clearly show your willingness and ability to pay your debts.
Your Credit Report
• During the application process, lenders look at your credit record and credit score to check how you’ve managed your debts.
• It's a smart idea to review your own credit report and score before applying for a loan.
• For a small fee, a credit bureau will provide an instantaneous, complete online credit report and credit score that details your current debts and payment history. They also detail what your score level means, how you compare to others, and provide tips to improve your score.
• You also may receive your credit report (without the credit score) by mail for free by contacting the credit bureau.
• When you receive your credit report, ensure that all the information and amounts are correct. Look carefully for any past-due or written-off amounts. Uncertainty and ambiguity on your credit report can be dangerous to your financial health.
Correcting Credit Problems
• If you have never had a loan or credit card, you can still show a good record of timely payments of your utility bills, property taxes or rent.
• You can establish minor credit relationships, such as short term installment loans or a credit card, and maintain a record of prompt payments.
• If you have a credit problem because of an unusual situation, write a letter of explanation. Your lender may overlook a credit problem if you can give a good reason for not having made your payment.
• If you're constantly struggling to pay your bills, seek professional help. Remember: creditors don't want to lose money. Let them know if you are having trouble with your payments. Most creditors will work out alternative payment arrangements to help you maintain a good credit rating.
• Plan major purchases carefully and do not accumulate excessive amounts of debt.
• Pay down existing debts and ensure bills are paid on time, especially minimum payments on credit cards. If necessary, postpone major purchases until you can save the money required.
• Avoid large purchases before buying a house, since the added debt will affect your mortgage qualifications.
• Use credit responsibly. Establishing a track record of on-time payments will improve your credit rating.
• Avoid skipping bills to make other payments since missed payments appear on your credit report and create longer-term problems.
• Avoid defaulting on payments. Delinquent payments, collection items, and court judgments stay on your credit file for six years, even if you subsequently pay them.
• Save money regularly for financial emergencies. You also can arrange for credit lines to cover short term cash flow payments, but resist utilizing them on a long term basis.
Provided by Genworth Financial Canada
Discuss this article
|Article Rating is 10.0000 (Excellent).|
Rated by: 2 voters.
|You can also Submit an Article and help other community members. Thanks.|