Visiting Chennai after a few years & loving it !
MITRON: You mean you are making 20 Lac down payment & 80 lac will be mortgage?
Or you got a steal & an impossible deal & getting a 1 crore flat for 20 Lacs?
I have seen some distress selling for as much
Vandematram: Came to Chennai after a few years.
Loving every minute of it.
Got my Aadhaar card. Linked it to PAN card. Got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro phone with case and screen protector for RS.13,000 (CAD $ 260) dual SIM.
India's political landscape
Flexderec: Raghav are really entertaining
Garvo Gujarati: I really feed bad about good people who blindly supported Kejriwal even after his numbers of U-turns. Anyway things get corrected over the period of time and now the true colors of the demon are surfaced.
zindabad: psychopath - shameless Kejru begging to Sheila Dixit and Congress to do " Gathbandhan " .
I remember there was an old movie " Delhi ka Thug " .. This psychopath believes that delhi people are chu**ya ...
elmer fudd: All accused in the 2G scam acquitted by CBI special court (CBI is under govt. control). Looks like BJP and DMK might be forging an alliance. I wonder how Modi will slink out of this, considering it has happened right under his nose.
zindabad: वक्त कितनी जल्दी निकल जाता है पता ही नहीं चलता .
Urgent babysitter or nanny needed in Chennai for a family
tamilkuravan: There are a lot of agencies that do the baby sitting in Chennai.
All you need is a call.
We have hired a full time care giver for my mom.
Details per month a follows -
1. ESI/PF / Recruiters commission - Rs 2000 per month
samna1978: Thank you so much.
MITRON: Contact this lady on Twitter. She lives in Chennai with her husband and daughter.
Her brother lives in Toronto.
She will help you out.
A family in Chennai is looking to hire a reliable babysitter for their 1.5 yr and 5 yr old. They lost their grandma who was taking care of them and the mom has to go back to work. Please send me a message or respond here for more details.
OCI RENEWAL MINOR
samna1978: Thanks and does the in house photo service upload the pics for you as well?
MITRON: The renewal process will take the same amount of time as a brand new first time application.
So give it about 2 months, don't expect it any sooner, just because it is a renewal.
Don't book any plane tickets till you have the OCI in hand.
MITRON: BLS Brampton has an in house photo service if you want to use it.
BLS In house Photography services :
BLS visa and passport application center has an in-house photo-booth facility which enables
samna1978: Has anyone renewed OCI for their kids recently at the brampton location? Is there any place near the BLS centre which can take OCI pictures and upload it for us? thx
NRE & NRO accounts closure on Return back to India permanently. Question???
GlobalIndian: Regarding severing residential ties for tax purposes with Canada: in order to do this, you need to close all your bank accounts in Canada, return the health card and driver's license, STOP earning any money whatsoever; these are major issues but there could be others that I am forgetting. In any case,
MITRON: Cool. Thanks guys.
sudesingh: When filing your taxes with CRA, you have to indicate to them that you're leaving for good, which means severing all ties with Canada, filing out the departure / exit date and more. Here are more details:
Full House: There was a proposal to streamline the Taxation year from 1st January to 31 December of each year. If it becomes a reality, then, Taxation periods will get SYNCed. Otherwise it gets to be painful to prorate it for the filing periods.
CRA always looks forward to your paying them a few bucks and they extend your filing by TWO Extra months.
You could be exempt in India for Capital Gains BUT NOT IN CANADA.
zindabad: Quote : Why would anyone would like to see their easy money go away and they are no different than Indian politicians. Make money at the cost of nation interest and national unity. Who cares.
I am not agree with this statement ... " they are no different than Indian politicians "
Indian politicians are much better and were better than today's Canadian politicians .
gktaurus: However, the Montreal area refineries and the Quebec government balked at the restriction, so the result was the National Oil Policy of 1961. This drew a dividing line at the Ottawa River and gave Canadian producers exclusive rights to the areas to sell oil to the west of the line. Refineries to the east of the line could continue to process imported oil.
Not everyone was happy with the arrangement.
zindabad: Thanks for detailed historical info .
Federal government should stop pushing for carbon tax and give more incentives to oil sand industry . I am working in oil company and our production cost is $ 24 CAD . It was ~ $30 earlier , but now after cost cutting measures and manpower optimization bring down to $24 and final target price is $20 by next December .
Money 2 India from ICICI bank charges GST to transfer money to India.???
MITRON: So far I am getting good exchange rate with Money2India as I have a promotional offer of 40 paise extra than their normal rates, so I am OK with it. Just worried about the GST they charge.
Due to the promotional rate the exchange rate is on par with Transferwise, Xoom, Remitly, etc. But not sure if these guys also charge the GST or not as I have never transferred through them.
MITRON: Do ALL the other various remittance or money transfer services like Transferwise, Xoom,
Remitly etc also charge GST to transfer money to India, just like Money2India from ICICI bank does ?
Is this a rule from RBI or Government of India to charge GST on ALL incoming money transfers to Indian banks from abroad either by incoming wire tranafer or EFT?
The GST they charge is nominal, it's not on the entire amount, but a fraction of it.
Full House: It is possible. They do permit the same. I do the Accounting tasks for myself. You should consult your Accountant or search the Federal Websites too and come to your own conclusions. Here is the Provincial LINK.
Hope this helps.
nabilbb: What are the accounting entries to transfer assets and liabilities from one Corporation to another?
There will be no payments and the two corporations have the same owners.
Renewing PR online - not enough space on to provide full travel history
Full House: When an EMPLOYER has special needs, they approach the JOB BANK and the Canadian Immigration people. (For example when they need a ROCKET SCIENTIST)
If there is no one in Canada who is unemployed in that specific profession and NO one is available to that employer, then, the Employer puts in an AD and continues doing the same for a specific period of time, say SIX months.
ganusap123: dear all,
could you please advise me to get canadian employer offer letter? I am trying hard to get but all in vain.
Full House: Please go through this and see if it helps. Also ask specifically what it is that you need. I will help you with it.
looking for post graduate diploma in
akkyvenky5: I'm interested in masters in supply chains management course,but my GPA does not meet the requirements. So i've opt for the post graduate diploma course .
I have gone through the Humber college website .I think it suits me.
Then too I like to talk to someone who is currently doing the program. Also kindly suggest me other good colleges with the same program.
plzreply at the earliest, because every suggestion can make a difference.
Have a great day.
Need travel companion for a senior person - September 6th -Etihad airways
We are looking for a travel companion for my mother. She will be traveling from TORONTO to CHENNAI by Etihad Airways on 06-Sep-2019 via ABU DHABHI Flight EY140 and EY268.
Help is much appreciated.
Toronto Real Estate Market Watch report for June 2019
sanjeevm: Dear CDs,
Toronto Real Estate Board has released the June 2019 market figures for the residential transactions done through TREB MLS system.
- Market has really picked up and sales have been increased.
- Overall sales numbers are up by 10.4% in June 2019 (Year over Year). House type wise:
Detached: up by 18.6%
Semi Detached: up by 9.4%
Townhouse: up by 12%
Condo apartments: down by 3.2% (however, in 416 area, it is down by 5.6% but in 905 area, it is up by 2.7%)
- Active listings are down by 5.7%
- GTA continues to grow in terms of employment, population and overall diversity. All thanks to immigration policies of Govt.
- Lesser active listings, more demand is fueling the price growth
- Overall average selling price is up by 3% in June 2019 (YoY)
- Once again the price increase trend continued in Condo apartment category followed by Semi Detached and Town Houses.
- The YoY change in the price of detached house is still on negative side BUT it's not that level which it was 6 months ago.
Toronto Real Estate Market Watch report - March 2019
sanjeevm: Dear CDs,
Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) has released the figures for March 2019 for the residential transactions done through TREB MLS system.
* Total sales in March 2019 are in-line with the sales figures in March 2018 (7187 and 7188, no difference).
* However, for first quarter of 2019, sales are down by 1% as compared to Q1 of 2018.
* Supply of New Listings in March 2019 declined by 5% (Year over Year), indicating still a Seller's market. Q1 listings are down by 1% though.
* Since the supply of new listings has remained tight, it is supporting price growth.
* Average sale price increased from $784,514 to $788,335 (year over year)
* There is still competition among the buyers in many pockets of GTA which is resulting in Multiple offers situation.
* Townhouse segment has shown double digits growth in Sales in March 2019 (Year over year)
* Detached homes are positive in Sales but price wise, still in negative.
Toronto Real Estate Market Watch report - February 2019
sanjeevm: Dear CDs,
Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) released the figures for February 2019 for the residential transactions done through TREB MLS system.
- Total GTA sales in February 2019 were down by 2.4% (year over year) - February 2019 Vs February 2018
- The OSFI mandated mortgage stress test is one of the reasons for lower sales.
- New listings also declined by a greater annual rate, creating the tight market (Supply-Demand) condition.
- Resulting in average price growth year over year.
- MLS home price index and average selling price - both were up modestly.
- The prices of Semi Detached type of properties lead the way this month, in terms of growth. The year over year increase in the average selling price for Semi detached was: 9.9%, followed by Condo apartments which saw an increase of 6.1%
- Average selling price for Detached properties slided down by 2.1% (year over year)
- However, ASP for townhouse remained more or less same.
It may still be a good time to upgrade from Semi Detached to Detached property.