Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > About Canada > Driving > Driving experience letter from India...
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >

Driving experience letter from India...




CD Members,

What is the process of getting Driving experiene letter from Transport Authorities in India. Does some one have the format of the letter.

Should the letter be sent to the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario directly or the driver could himself carry?

Any past experience of proving your Indian Driving experience here....

Though I got my US drivers license exchanged to an Ontario Driving License, I didn't bring my experience letters from US DMV and Past Insurance companies. It was quick to get my experience letters from Insurance but with DMV it is atleast another month away. Then only I can get reasonable insurance here... My point is. It is not just India where it is difficult to get Govt respond your legitimate requests, US is no exception. I wouldn't take Canada for granted again....

Any one who is reading this and planning to migrate from US. Pls ensure that you bring the expeirence letter from your DMV and all past Insurance company experience letter ( No claim letters basically) to qualify for an acceptable experience....

Regards,
JRF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The cowards never started,
The weak died on the way,
Only the strong arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yK1i9cLAMM

 
JRF

Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04
Posts: 1851
Location: GTA, Ontario

Post ID: 74710 29-04-06 11:04:12
Report Abuse
rajuu
Desi
Member since: Aug 04




Posts: 99
Location:


1. My family has recently obtained a Driving experience certificate from the Indian Transport authority (On a plane paper with official stamp of the same office that had issued the driving license earlier) and mailed to me. They also obtained a certificate from Indian police stating no traffic or criminal cases against me.
2. The officer in charge in Canada has recognized the above two and included my indian driving experience and allowed me to give the test date of my choice ,otherwise I would have to wait for 8 months after my G1.
3. The officer has given more importance to the second certificate which my family had obtained and sent to me luckily without my request.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRF

CD Members,

What is the process of getting Driving experiene letter from Transport Authorities in India. Does some one have the format of the letter.

Should the letter be sent to the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario directly or the driver could himself carry?

Any past experience of proving your Indian Driving experience here....

Though I got my US drivers license exchanged to an Ontario Driving License, I didn't bring my experience letters from US DMV and Past Insurance companies. It was quick to get my experience letters from Insurance but with DMV it is atleast another month away. Then only I can get reasonable insurance here... My point is. It is not just India where it is difficult to get Govt respond your legitimate requests, US is no exception. I wouldn't take Canada for granted again....

Any one who is reading this and planning to migrate from US. Pls ensure that you bring the expeirence letter from your DMV and all past Insurance company experience letter ( No claim letters basically) to qualify for an acceptable experience....

Regards,
JRF.



 
Post ID: 74768 29-04-06 20:02:09
Report Abuse
JRF
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1851
Location: GTA, Ontario

Raju, Thanks for the information
Raju, Thanks for the information
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The cowards never started,
The weak died on the way,
Only the strong arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yK1i9cLAMM

 
Post ID: 74848 30-04-06 23:00:40
Report Abuse
JRF
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1851
Location: GTA, Ontario

Message to Rajju...
Hi Rajju,

Unfortunately I am facing some issues in getting experience letter from the Regional Transport Office in India. Not because of the reason, they don't want to issue but they are not aware the process at all. I know the RTO cheif personally, If I am able to show him some letter issued from other RTO, he wouldn't hesitate to do that. Regarding a letter from Police, again its easy but it is the format that matters to them.

1. Could you please send me a copy of the RTO (Driving Experience) letter you've received (Ofcourse, you please take out name any personal references even the officer who signed).

2. Similarly the Police letter that certifying Nil Traffic violence.

I've PM-ed you my email address.. thanks.


Appreciate your help..
JRF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The cowards never started,
The weak died on the way,
Only the strong arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yK1i9cLAMM

 
Last edited by: JRF on 05-05-06 11:49:27
Post ID: 75212 04-05-06 11:31:24
Report Abuse
bingo123
Senior Desi
Member since: Nov 03




Posts: 188
Location:


can you please send me as well? I have to get one for my dad.


at


Million thanks in advance


 
Post ID: 75307 05-05-06 11:03:58
Report Abuse
JRF
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1851
Location: GTA, Ontario


Raju,
Did you get my PM..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The cowards never started,
The weak died on the way,
Only the strong arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yK1i9cLAMM

 
Post ID: 75324 05-05-06 11:49:46
Report Abuse
rajuu
Desi
Member since: Aug 04




Posts: 99
Location:


Sorry for the delay and I did not keep any copies.
Both are on white papers, in two lines To whom so ever it may concern sort of, mentioned my name , DOB , Address , license number -all mentioned as in my Indian driving license .
I was told RTO and Police stations dont keep any letter heads.
The letters are on white papers with official stamps and signatures only. You may surprise if RTO stamp will be in vernacular. So insist them to write the designation in English under the signature for both of them.



Quote:
Originally posted by JRF

Hi Rajju,

Unfortunately I am facing some issues in getting experience letter from the Regional Transport Office in India. Not because of the reason, they don't want to issue but they are not aware the process at all. I know the RTO cheif personally, If I am able to show him some letter issued from other RTO, he wouldn't hesitate to do that. Regarding a letter from Police, again its easy but it is the format that matters to them.

1. Could you please send me a copy of the RTO (Driving Experience) letter you've received (Ofcourse, you please take out name any personal references even the officer who signed).

2. Similarly the Police letter that certifying Nil Traffic violence.

I've PM-ed you my email address.. thanks.


Appreciate your help..
JRF.



 
Post ID: 75379 05-05-06 18:26:46
Report Abuse
JRF
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1851
Location: GTA, Ontario

Thanks Raju,

Appreciate your reply.

I will try that way and see if it materializes. If it makes up, I should include this format ni the driving FAQ section I used to update to help other new immigrants.

Have a Good weekend!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The cowards never started,
The weak died on the way,
Only the strong arrived.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yK1i9cLAMM

 
Post ID: 75383 05-05-06 19:09:14
Report Abuse
rajuu
Desi
Member since: Aug 04




Posts: 99
Location:

a point to remember
Please note that in my case when I handed over the letters ,the Drive test officer insisted me for the envelop bearing the postal details, as a proof and for their record. So keep the details / proof of the mail/courier by which you receive these certificates, incase you opened before submitting them.



Quote:
Originally posted by JRF


Appreciate your reply.

I will try that way and see if it materializes. If it makes up, I should include this format ni the driving FAQ section I used to update to help other new immigrants.

Have a Good weekend!!!



 
Post ID: 75472 07-05-06 08:04:17
Report Abuse
Kriti06
Junior Desi
Member since: Feb 18




Posts: 1
Location:


Hi,

Can anyone please share the driving experience letter format from Haryana RTO India which is accepted for skipping G1 and directly being eligible for G2.

Also the process to get the experience letter from RTO in Haryana India.

Any information will be of great use.

Thanks in advance.


 
Post ID: 236777 26-02-18 14:09:20
Report Abuse
Contributors:
bingo123(1)  Full House(1)  JRF(5)  Kriti06(1)  rajuu(3)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.