Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha




  Canada > Immigration & Citizenship > Family Class > Sponsorship of Parents, processing applications received till July 7, 2005
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] [ 11 ] [ 12 ] [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 ] [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ] [ 19 ]
[ 20 ] [ 21 ] [ 22 ] [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ 25 ] [ 26 ] [ 27 ] [ 28 ] [ 29 ]
[ 30 ] [ 31 ] [ 32 ] [ 33 ] [ 34 ] [ 35 ] [ 36 ] [ 37 ] [ 38 ] [ 39 ]
[ 40 ] [ 41 ] [ 42 ] [ 43 ] [ 44 ] [ 45 ] [ 46 ] [ 47 ] [ 48 ] [ 49 ]
[ 50 ] [ 51 ] [ 52 ] [ 53 ] [ 54 ] [ 55 ] [ 56 ] [ 57 ] >

Sponsorship of Parents, processing applications received till July 7, 2005

 
yvsr
Junior Desi
Member since: Oct 07




Posts: 29
Location:


Dear Ones

I have applied for my parents back in Sept. 2005 with CIC and yesterday I called them to know the status and as per them they haven't opened my file so far but within 1-2 months, it should be and will send me a letter about the status.

Let's see

bye

YVSR


 
Last edited by:
Post ID: 108789 04-10-07 13:55:33
Report Abuse
Trinity
Senior Desi
Member since: May 06




Posts: 286
Location: Mississauga/ Toronto, Can


Quote:
Originally posted by Maharaj

Yesterday I got the Application Kit ... to be filled by my parents & submit at New Delhi Office.

Trinity ... What do you mean by Hopefully it should be all done in the next 6 to 8 months? Are you expecting to get Visa in 6-8 months?

And Bette ... no I didnot get any letter to re-submit anything from my side. Letter clearly stated that I suffice all requirement and it is approved.





I assume you have posted the papers to your parents in India by now. Have your parents filled the forms up and posted it to CHC, New Delhi?

In the forms I received, there was no medical form - seems it will be sent later once they get the filled forms.

Trinity


 
Post ID: 110116 29-10-07 23:07:38
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Yes, Medical papers are not with the application. I think, Delhi office will send it as a last hurdle.

Papers are still with my Parents. Actually, waiting for Police Clearance Certificate. They should get it by this weekend.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 110135 30-10-07 08:51:16
Report Abuse
yvsr
Junior Desi
Member since: Oct 07




Posts: 29
Location:


Today I checked my application status and it says we have recd. ur application and starts processing and thats all

Nothing more is written there and when I called CIC they said they are doing Social Service Checks

What does it mean Social Service Checks, does any body knows

Pls. let me know, lil bit worried

Bye

Yvsr


 
Post ID: 110499 06-11-07 16:16:06
Report Abuse
saathi417
Desi
Member since: Nov 07




Posts: 56
Location:


Parent Sponsership & my timeline

1. Mar 3,2005 Sponser parents,bro & sis

2. Mar 16,2005 CIC recived application

3. May 19,2007 got letter from cic [option c printout needed]

4. May 28,2007 Sent option c printout

5. JUN 25,2007 Got leter cic decision has been made [ ecas update]

6. JUL 1,2007 sent kit to india

7. Aug 30,2007 parents forwaded completed kit to NEW DELHI

8. Sep 18,2007 NEW DELHI started processing application [ecas upda]

9. Sep 22,2007 Recived letter ND got application kit sent by parents



at the time of sponsership my bro is 21 years 11 months old but now is 24plus is there be any problem or still he is in dependent class [unmarrried]

please share what is the process after file transferd new delhi office in parent sponsership


 
Post ID: 110611 07-11-07 19:58:51
Report Abuse
Trinity
Senior Desi
Member since: May 06




Posts: 286
Location: Mississauga/ Toronto, Can


Quote:
Originally posted by saathi417

Parent Sponsership & my timeline

1. Mar 3,2005 Sponser parents,bro & sis

2. Mar 16,2005 CIC recived application

3. May 19,2007 got letter from cic [option c printout needed]

4. May 28,2007 Sent option c printout

5. JUN 25,2007 Got leter cic decision has been made [ ecas update]

6. JUL 1,2007 sent kit to india

7. Aug 30,2007 parents forwaded completed kit to NEW DELHI

8. Sep 18,2007 NEW DELHI started processing application [ecas upda]

9. Sep 22,2007 Recived letter ND got application kit sent by parents



at the time of sponsership my bro is 21 years 11 months old but now is 24plus is there be any problem or still he is in dependent class [unmarrried]

please share what is the process after file transferd new delhi office in parent sponsership



The cut-off age limit for sibling is 18 years. Snippet at this link (http://cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp#who_can) below:
Who can be sponsored
- brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship

Who cannot be sponsored
- Other relatives, such as brothers and sisters over 18, or adult independent children cannot be sponsored. However, if they apply to immigrate under the Skilled Worker Class, they may get extra points for adaptability for having a relative in Canada.

About the 2nd part of your query, I assume they will now send the medical forms and request for the medicals to be done.

Trinity


 
Last edited by: Trinity on 08-11-07 01:24:02
Post ID: 110624 08-11-07 01:23:27
Report Abuse
Trinity
Senior Desi
Member since: May 06




Posts: 286
Location: Mississauga/ Toronto, Can


Quote:
Originally posted by yvsr

Today I checked my application status and it says we have recd. ur application and starts processing and thats all

Nothing more is written there and when I called CIC they said they are doing Social Service Checks

What does it mean Social Service Checks, does any body knows

Pls. let me know, lil bit worried

Bye

Yvsr



I'm not sure what 'social service checks' means, unless you meant 'background checks'. Background checks are done to check for any history of criminal records, etc.

Trinity


 
Post ID: 110625 08-11-07 01:26:44
Report Abuse
rsk12
Senior Desi
Member since: Dec 06




Posts: 273
Location:


Here is the latest update on my Mother's sponsorship.

I got a call from CIC this morning and the lady said that she wanted to confirm my home adress. She also said that my aplication has been approved and I will get all the documents in abt 2 weeks time.

My mother's application will further be processed in Abu Dhabi as she is staying in Dubai with my brother. Can someoe tell me how long it takes to complete the process in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers
rsk


Quote:
Originally posted by rsk12

I applied to sponsor my mother in Sep 2005. I got an acknowledgement in Oct 2005 and after that nothing. I spoke to CIC yesterday and they said that they are processing July 2005 and would probably take 3 months to get to my mothers file. She also mentioned that after they start processing it will take abt 2-3 weeks to make a decision on your sponsorship applicaiton.

On a different note, I spoke a Srilankan person and he mentioned that he got PR for his mother in under 2 yrs. he mentioned that his sponsorship application was approved 4 months after her applied and then took abt 1 yr in Srilanka for further processing. He applied for the aponsorship in jan 2005. I am not sure how this is possible. I know for sure that he is not BS'ing me. But I still cant believe it as it was too quick for parents sponsorship.

Cheers
rsk



 
Post ID: 111060 15-11-07 13:55:18
Report Abuse
Trinity
Senior Desi
Member since: May 06




Posts: 286
Location: Mississauga/ Toronto, Can


Quote:
Originally posted by rsk12

Here is the latest update on my Mother's sponsorship.

I got a call from CIC this morning and the lady said that she wanted to confirm my home adress. She also said that my aplication has been approved and I will get all the documents in abt 2 weeks time.

My mother's application will further be processed in Abu Dhabi as she is staying in Dubai with my brother. Can someoe tell me how long it takes to complete the process in Abu Dhabi.

Cheers
rsk


Quote:
Originally posted by rsk12

I applied to sponsor my mother in Sep 2005. I got an acknowledgement in Oct 2005 and after that nothing. I spoke to CIC yesterday and they said that they are processing July 2005 and would probably take 3 months to get to my mothers file. She also mentioned that after they start processing it will take abt 2-3 weeks to make a decision on your sponsorship applicaiton.

On a different note, I spoke a Srilankan person and he mentioned that he got PR for his mother in under 2 yrs. he mentioned that his sponsorship application was approved 4 months after her applied and then took abt 1 yr in Srilanka for further processing. He applied for the aponsorship in jan 2005. I am not sure how this is possible. I know for sure that he is not BS'ing me. But I still cant believe it as it was too quick for parents sponsorship.

Cheers
rsk




Months Required to Finalize Applications:
Processing Times at Visa Offices in Africa and the Middle East
30% of cases finalized in: (months) = 8
50% of cases finalized in: (months) = 11
70% of cases finalized in: (months) = 24
80% of cases finalized in: (months) = 35

The details are at this link - LINK

Trinity


 
Last edited by: Trinity on 16-11-07 00:53:10
Post ID: 111089 16-11-07 00:52:45
Report Abuse
Trinity
Senior Desi
Member since: May 06




Posts: 286
Location: Mississauga/ Toronto, Can

eCAS Update...
Just a quick update on my sponsorship file.

CHC-Delhi received the kit sent by my parents and have started processing in November 2007.

Anyone on the forum who has received the PR visa for sponsored parents in the recent past and can share timelines? Thanks.

Looks like they have speeded things up too in CHC-Delhi, see revised updates:
LINK

Statistical Information: Applications Processed at Canadian Visa Offices
Family Class: Parents and Grandparents - October 2006 to September 2007

New Delhi (months) = 5 (30%) - 8 (50%) - 16 (70%) - 42 (80%)

Trinity


 
Last edited by: Trinity on 21-11-07 00:43:04
Post ID: 111316 21-11-07 00:41:52
Report Abuse
Contributors:
4z4z(1)  Aashu(1)  alexsteward(1)  bhattji18(5)  bhootnath(2)  birentoronto(5)  Blue_Peafowl(18)  
bobby29(1)  bouy(1)  chittesh(6)  coolvip(2)  decent punjabi(2)  Delhite(4)  delhi_canadian(2)  
Desi_Gal2(2)  dowtrader(1)  drik(1)  ecom(26)  fass2008(7)  febpreet(17)  femina1(5)  
Fido(7)  freakoutguy(48)  G13(23)  gaggidhillon(1)  gdhami(1)  geobette(3)  gill8(1)  
greg38(8)  gstathgur(3)  hsd4(10)  Iknownothing(1)  infocan(1)  Jack109(3)  jagmag(6)  
Jessica(5)  jigz787(18)  Kandel(1)  kapilnayar(2)  kimat(2)  koham(1)  kulb(1)  
leila2211(1)  lovelylucky(1)  love_n_peace(2)  lucky284(10)  mackey2001(5)  Maharaj(21)  Manjeet(1)  
maryb(1)  MeagainMe(3)  meitsme(7)  metallurgy(2)  michelle288(1)  minj(7)  mit2kool(1)  
mitsaus(1)  morning_rain(1)  msmann(1)  ntalcaraz1977(1)  peace(3)  peacock1(1)  Portia(1)  
pp11(1)  purav8(1)  raju735(3)  ranapratab(2)  randhawa22(1)  ranja(3)  RBO(24)  
reg828(5)  rsk12(4)  saathi417(44)  salter(5)  sandipshah(1)  sanjayjava(2)  sant(1)  
santosh1478(3)  sguk(6)  Shimla(3)  sht(11)  Shuga(3)  sonajatt(6)  spatel74(1)  
Trinity(76)  vancouverbanker(1)  Vandematram(10)  Vipul(2)  windsorscotia(1)  yvsr(22)  
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] [ 11 ] [ 12 ] [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 ] [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ] [ 19 ]
[ 20 ] [ 21 ] [ 22 ] [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ 25 ] [ 26 ] [ 27 ] [ 28 ] [ 29 ]
[ 30 ] [ 31 ] [ 32 ] [ 33 ] [ 34 ] [ 35 ] [ 36 ] [ 37 ] [ 38 ] [ 39 ]
[ 40 ] [ 41 ] [ 42 ] [ 43 ] [ 44 ] [ 45 ] [ 46 ] [ 47 ] [ 48 ] [ 49 ]
[ 50 ] [ 51 ] [ 52 ] [ 53 ] [ 54 ] [ 55 ] [ 56 ] [ 57 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.