Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi

  Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration & Citizenship > USA and other countries > PR process
Last Post | Newest Post
< [ 1 ] >

PR process

Hi ,

Apologize if my clarifications are repetitive.Have heard various opinions from my friends and hence thought of clarifying my doubts with Masoodji and other immigration experts.

1.Iam on a H1B with four rears experience in networking(software engineer).Planning to apply for canadian PR,as my green card process is on hold here.I have two and a half years ofH1B,left;But,if my canadian PR goes through,might have the option of internally transferring to the canadian office (of the comapny that am working in U.S.A).
However ,there is a possiblity,that I might continue to work in U.S.A until my H1B expiration,which is really two and a half years from now.
Assuming,I get my PR status middle of next year,how can I keep the PR active for the next one and a half years,and still work in U.S.A until my visa ends here,incase I have to? Should I atleast,enter canada and come back to U.S,after applying for PR card?
How long can I delay this process,after getting the PR status?Please advise on the best possible course of action.
2.Iam residing in san jose,california.Is immigration office specific on canadian visa office (eg:vancouver over toronto) for getting my PR status?
3.If no,then Processing time wise,does it make a difference,applying to vancouver office over Toronto office?4
4.Also,if I get the PR, do I have the option of landing in canada,in any city/entry port?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your time in this regard.


Junior Desi
Member since: May 04
Posts: 1
Location: sanjose

Post ID: 14627 17-05-04 02:12:00
Report Abuse
Member since: Jan 04

Posts: 66
Location: Mississauga, Canada

1. These days its taking on an average 18-24 months for approval of Canadian PR. Once the visa is stamped on your passport you are given a year (from the time you got your medical done) to enter Canada.

Once you enter Canada and get PR card you have to fulfill the criteria of staying in Canada for 2 years in a period of 5 years to maintain you Canadian PR.

2 and 3. If applying from US your application will be assesed in Buffalo, NY. If interview is required your file may be transfered to Los Angeles.

4. You have to mention the port of entry in your application for PR. Ideally you should land in the city mentioned and then move to any city you want to settle in.

Hope this helps.

Post ID: 14634 17-05-04 08:04:25
Report Abuse
< [ 1 ] >
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites

Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions

Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.