Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  > Buying New Dryer/Washer
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] >

Buying New Dryer/Washer




Hello Friends,

I am in market to buy New Electric Washer/Dryer, Need some suggestion and recommendation for brand/features I should look for.

My budget is < 2K.

So far I could figure out that
- I am buying electric dryer because don't have gas line till laundry room.
- Min 5.0 Cu.Ft Washer

Biggest confusion I have is Do I buy a white dryer/washer or stainless steel, does it have any additional feature apart from color?

Which other stores can I check apart from HD/Lowes/Rona/Sears/Best Buy.

Thanks!


 
lemon925

Senior Desi
Member since: May 15
Posts: 197
Location: Toronto

Post ID: 231042 17-04-16 00:03:44
Report Abuse
Full House
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 12




Posts: 2027
Location:



The coin wash machines that I use once in a while, for Xtra Heavy oversize quilted Blankets are the robust of all machines.

I do have the same make but of the very low end machine for my laundry within the house. It was a pair, Washer and Dryer and works well. There are about 8 loads a month. Wash and Dry. Lasted thus far for the past five plus years. The price range was 1400. I am NOT into Stainless steel.

You can select and review any set or mis-match also.

Good Luck.

Go look for a clearance sale at any of the Appliance dealers. That goes for HD, Lowe, Leons, etc., and then there are others too. Most of them DELIVER. A few will locate it for you and even clear the old ones out and remove the cardboard boxes off too. NC.

FH.

http://www.canadianappliance.ca/Washers-And-Washing-Machines-66/?form_values=&subcats%5Bcat_71%5D=71&extra_filters%5B%5D=49&extra_filters%5B%5D=498&extra_filters%5B%5D=50&extra_filters%5B%5D=55&extra_filters%5B%5D=24&extra_filters%5B%5D=72&extra_filters%5B%5D=183&extra_filters%5B%5D=206&extra_filters%5B%5D=225&extra_filters%5B%5D=207&extra_filters%5B%5D=25&q=&brand_id%5B%5D=24&per_page=


 
Last edited by: Full House on 18-04-16 10:01:12
Post ID: 231052 18-04-16 09:59:01
Report Abuse
AshwaniG
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1470
Location: Convinient


Running a gas line to the laundry room will pay you back in little time.
Gas dryers are way more efficient and you can do laundry without watching clock for non peak hours.

Brand : Avoid LG and Samsung . Whirlpool may be a good fit for your budget.

Visit Billa appliance in Markham who is one of the biggest player and have very reasonable prices.
Once you finalize the negotiation feel free to use my reference to get possible further discount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Growing Old Is Mandatory ..Growing UP is Optional

 
Post ID: 231057 18-04-16 10:53:14
Report Abuse
lemon925
Senior Desi
Member since: May 15




Posts: 197
Location: Toronto


Thanks FH and AshwaniG!

Youtube helped me to fix the dryer for now. The belt came off the pulley, It was an easy fix.

I definitely need to buy a new washer/dryer in few months.. as my current one has already passed its expiry date, and then above posts will help me in finalizing.

AshwaniG,

New gas line wouldn't cost me much(around 300$), but I am a bit scared of what if something goes wrong with gas..


 
Post ID: 231065 18-04-16 14:47:33
Report Abuse
Canada_Ka_Bhikari
Desi
Member since: Mar 16




Posts: 88
Location:


You can buy a combo washer/dryer to save space, like some Condos have or you can buy them separate. I am assuming separate ones are usually better than a combo one. Plus in Combo ones if one breaks down, generally you can't use the other one either.

Stainless steel is pure cosmetic and looks, no real advantage in buying them. Usually fridge and stove are bought SS as people can see them in your kitchen for looks, while washer/dryer are down in the basement and barely noticeable.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
America Ka Vyapaari Canada Ka Bhikari

http://www.democraticindian.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/karunanidhi_democraticindian-740x740.jpg" border="0" alt="http://www.democraticindian.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/karunanidhi_democraticindian-740x740.jpg" />

 
Post ID: 231066 18-04-16 14:48:59
Report Abuse
lemon925
Senior Desi
Member since: May 15




Posts: 197
Location: Toronto


Quote:
Originally posted by Canada_Ka_Bhikari

You can buy a combo washer/dryer to save space, like some Condos have or you can buy them separate. I am assuming separate ones are usually better than a combo one. Plus in Combo ones if one breaks down, generally you can't use the other one either.

Stainless steel is pure cosmetic and looks, no real advantage in buying them. Usually fridge and stove are bought SS as people can see them in your kitchen for looks, while washer/dryer are down in the basement and barely noticeable.




Thank You!

I ll buy them separate, only diff I could find between white and SS is that SS has steam dry option, not sure how good is that.


 
Post ID: 231068 18-04-16 14:53:38
Report Abuse
AshwaniG
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1470
Location: Convinient


Gas line runs to your heating system ( furnace ) and water heater .
Your car runs off gas too .

Small gas leaks do not pose any immediate risk even if they happen. I am not implying to live with a leak. Chances of having a fire started due to gas leaks are far remote.

I see no reason to be skeptical. Gas is safe if you don't fool around with it.

I replaced my electric stove to gas stove and couldn't be happier for many different reasons besides better cooking.
Same goes with dryer.


Quote:
Originally posted by lemon925

Thanks FH and AshwaniG!

Youtube helped me to fix the dryer for now. The belt came off the pulley, It was an easy fix.

I definitely need to buy a new washer/dryer in few months.. as my current one has already passed its expiry date, and then above posts will help me in finalizing.

AshwaniG,

New gas line wouldn't cost me much(around 300$), but I am a bit scared of what if something goes wrong with gas..




-----------------------------------------------------------------
Growing Old Is Mandatory ..Growing UP is Optional

 
Post ID: 231069 18-04-16 15:31:29
Report Abuse
lemon925
Senior Desi
Member since: May 15




Posts: 197
Location: Toronto


Quote:
Originally posted by AshwaniG

Gas line runs to your heating system ( furnace ) and water heater .
Your car runs off gas too .

Small gas leaks do not pose any immediate risk even if they happen. I am not implying to live with a leak. Chances of having a fire started due to gas leaks are far remote.

I see no reason to be skeptical. Gas is safe if you don't fool around with it.

I replaced my electric stove to gas stove and couldn't be happier for many different reasons besides better cooking.
Same goes with dryer.



Thanks for your insight AG!

As I don't need to rush, I'll keep my options open and do some more research.


 
Post ID: 231079 18-04-16 17:27:28
Report Abuse
< [ 1 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 



 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.
//-->