Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > Immigration & Citizenship > Ask Immigration Expert > Reinstating PR status
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] >

Reinstating PR status




I became a Canadian PR in July 2009 while I was already in Canada on a work permit. I remained in Canada for another month and then had to leave the country unexpectedly due to a personal exigency (ailing parent) and could not return to fulfill residency requirement.

Last year, while applying for Canadian visitor visa, I was asked by the high commission to voluntarily renounce permanent residency status before they could process my application, which I did.

Having renounced the PR status, is there any way in which I can legally request reinstatement of PR (humanitarian grounds application to PM, IM, etc.)?


 
aufbohn

Junior Desi
Member since: Jun 05
Posts: 22
Location:

Post ID: 234387 27-03-17 21:06:35
Report Abuse
Full House
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 12




Posts: 2281
Location:

Take a Second Shot and see if you will succeed.


In the year 2009, when you first landed here, your intent was to become a PR. They allowed you in and you were on your way into becoming one. But you cut it short after ONE Month. (All of this is from your own statement)

Then you left Canada. (No one knows why?) You were asked to VOLUNTARILY RENOUNCE the PR status. Which means that you let go of the claim that you can make, IF you re-enter and claim. That was their request to you and YOU DID THAT.

That does not mean that you cannot re-APPLY for another entry into Canada. Which you are doing/OR/ will be doing again. It will be a NEW Process. You were originally qualified to enter and work. So, there is a possibility that you will be let inside Canada. While you are here you can find a similar post and ask them if they will let you stay and get PR. It is a Separate Process.

All of these are process that one needs to try or follow. Some will be considered as a short cuts. A few other as a REGULAR Process or as a NORMAL Application. Currently, the normal Application is from OUTSIDE of the Country. A Few have also applied from within. A few succeeded.

Your idea is to return and resume where you left off. There is just a small fee and an application that you will have to file and it might entail a small delay and if you can put up with it, I am sure you will succeed. Your chances of re-entry are 90% and the other 10% depends upon the your Language skills and your current age. Some jobs have evaporated or got filled. But there are plenty of other jobs in your qualification and how well you will fit into it depends upon how desperate the Province and the Employer is.

So, take another PLUNGE. But do it through the normal process, which is get your IELTS first and then pay the fee and file an Application. AND Good Luck to you.

FH.
If you need further assistance, ask. You have done this once before. It should be a breeze. May be a nail biter now!
---
Quote:
Originally posted by aufbohn

I became a Canadian PR in July 2009 while I was already in Canada on a work permit. I remained in Canada for another month and then had to leave the country unexpectedly due to a personal exigency (ailing parent) and could not return to fulfill residency requirement.

Last year, while applying for Canadian visitor visa, I was asked by the high commission to voluntarily renounce permanent residency status before they could process my application, which I did.

Having renounced the PR status, is there any way in which I can legally request reinstatement of PR (humanitarian grounds application to PM, IM, etc.)?





 
Post ID: 234392 28-03-17 11:32:00
Report Abuse
< [ 1 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 



 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.
//-->