Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > General > General > WARNING: NEVER IMMIGRATE TO CANADA IF YOU HAVE MARITAL ISSUES
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >

WARNING: NEVER IMMIGRATE TO CANADA IF YOU HAVE MARITAL ISSUES




Just a warning folks - for whosoever it applies:

(From someone who has specialized in Canadian Family Law, and most people coming to Canada don't know that):


Canada has TERRIBLE "Family laws" and legal system, totally gender biased towards women. If you ever get into trouble in Canada with your spouse, REST OF YOUR LIFE WILL BE MISERABLE... EVEN AFTER YOU ARE DIVORCED.

And it does not matter if you did something or not, and who is saying truth or who is right and who is wrong. Nobody listens to men and the WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT and men are ALWAYS wrong. The judge wont even listen to ordinary men, they only listen to women, and their lawyers. You will lose everything and women gets everything and MUCH MORE. There are Maintenance Enforcement Police force, who are just there to make sure that divorced men's life is ruined to the maximum extent possible. And there are thousands of cases where women change colour after getting citizenship, because they are in win-win scenario.

So only come here if you have a Happy Married Life.. All the best!!


 
Last edited by: shijyj on 24-05-18 17:57:33
shijyj

Junior Desi
Member since: Mar 06
Posts: 20
Location:

Post ID: 237093 24-05-18 17:52:21
Report Abuse
Full House
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 12




Posts: 2385
Location:

BAG FOR LIFE.
This happened to you, DID IT? Well, sorry to hear about it. Hope you get over it.

FH.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpfxo0I9_Vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reusable_shopping_bag

"So only come here if you have a Happy Married Life.. All the best!!

" AND/OR if you have a STEPNEY. Mmmm..?? fh

---
Quote:
Originally posted by shijyj

Just a warning folks - for whosoever it applies:

(From someone who has specialized in Canadian Family Law, and most people coming to Canada don't know that):


Canada has TERRIBLE "Family laws" and legal system, totally gender biased towards women. If you ever get into trouble in Canada with your spouse, REST OF YOUR LIFE WILL BE MISERABLE... EVEN AFTER YOU ARE DIVORCED.

And it does not matter if you did something or not, and who is saying truth or who is right and who is wrong. Nobody listens to men and the WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT and men are ALWAYS wrong. The judge wont even listen to ordinary men, they only listen to women, and their lawyers. You will lose everything and women gets everything and MUCH MORE. There are Maintenance Enforcement Police force, who are just there to make sure that divorced men's life is ruined to the maximum extent possible. And there are thousands of cases where women change colour after getting citizenship, because they are in win-win scenario.

So only come here if you have a Happy Married Life.. All the best!!





 
Last edited by: Full House on 26-05-18 13:45:10
Post ID: 237094 26-05-18 13:44:41
Report Abuse
Race 2the_basement
Junior Desi
Member since: Aug 17




Posts: 2
Location:


The kind of love and respect we think we should get, is there only in bollywood movies. In relationship mostly one partner is a dumb ass. it takes time to discover it. Earlier men used to get the blame, but it becomes clear with women empowerment now women are also no less. Marriage is dysfunctional social requirement already on its way out. Today' s jobs and economy is not making it better either.

You will never know your real partner until you make them totally independent. After that some are wonderful and some will going to be a pain,


 
Post ID: 237095 26-05-18 16:00:00
Report Abuse
shijyj
Junior Desi
Member since: Mar 06




Posts: 20
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Full House

This happened to you, DID IT? Well, sorry to hear about it. Hope you get over it.


---
Quote:



Well yea, it did.. but I am NOT sorry about it.

I just brought my problem with me to Canada, and made her Canadian citizen, when it was much easier to get divorced in India and WAY MORE CHEAPER.

But again, it all depends on the situation also, as there are genuine ones and its way different for childless couple as well. And if you have a spouse with whom who can sensibly negotiate and part ways mutually by creating a seperation agreement, the courts are just happy to implement that.

My case was different, or maybe not.. because such cases are the ones that goes to a 'judge' to decide..

This 'arranged marriage' thing took toll on my life.. and the biggest foolishness I did (after marriage, of course) is that I brought her here when I should have divorced her back in India years ago. She has serious mental issues (that I was obviously not aware of when I got married because I spoke to her for 5 mins or so before marriage, I know, my foolishness) and guess what, there is no record of her mental illness here in Canada!! Here, a mental patient should go to doctor themselves and tell them that they have mental problem, then only the doctors will treat them!! Ridiculous in my opinion..

And the divorce lawyers charge $300 PER HOUR!! Anyone can easily spend $30,000 to $100,000 as lawyer fees alone. Not like in India where you pay Rs. 1L and the lawyer will settle everything.

So I am fighting my case here in Court of Queen's Bench MYSELF, and its really nonsense just navigating through the 1800's era legal system.

The main reason for my "WARNING" is because I read through many cases, and have heard many others, where so are many immigrants (and many Indians) who end up in with spouse, and then in legal problems with cops or jail, based on one 911 call. Note that that record is there for your life forever, which creates problems in even getting job later on.

Then there are way too many issues (speaking generally what happens as I heard for other cases in court, not that I have been through all of these) for ex:

- the Court and Child & Family services would 'restrain' you from seeing EVEN YOUR CHILDREN (not your spouse... your children)

- You are literally homeless and cannot go 100 - 500 mts from your OWN house that you own and pay/paid for

- You still continue paying for the mortgage or house rent, utility bills, whatever

- And while she get 'ownership' of the house, even if she has not worked or earned a single penny in her life, but she can get married and stay at YOUR EXPENSES, IN YOUR HOME with her 'new husband'

- while you are FORCED to PAY for everything, including for your ex-spouse and your children that ranges from $1000 to $3000 per month depending on what you earn.

Usually more than 1/3 of what you earn you will be FORCED to PAY as spousal and/or child support. Otherwise the MEP, or Maintenance Police force (whatever) will cancel your driving license, freeze your bank-accounts etc. etc. They are very powerful. And its not only in Canada, even if you go to US or Europe or I heard, even in India, they will come behind you.

And oh.. yes.. the women get lawyers for FREE and they are there to take advantage of the situation and will even portray a domestic cat as Wild carnivorous Tiger. And the judges are just waiting to hear that as they are 'fully convinced' by lawyers representing for women; because its easier and convenient for them; in about 20 mins to 2 hours or so, as to how the family has been living for 15 years or even more!!

The order of priority, how all systems, not limited to legal system are:

1) children
2) women
3) Dogs
4) Environment
5) Men who return from some group overseas and make big news
6) Ordinary Men - with or without lawyer, makes no difference

I guess no one talks about this openly so thought its better that I do :)



 
Last edited by: shijyj on 01-06-18 00:32:22
Post ID: 237107 31-05-18 14:37:14
Report Abuse
Full House
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 12




Posts: 2385
Location:

We all are rooting for you. Good Luck.



FIRST and the foremost.. THANK You for sharing your personal life with us here. Since you are conducting your case and handling all of the legal matters yourself, it becomes a burden. You having NO case matters and the decisions made and the judgments pronounced on those cases, you are limiting yourself to your own knowledge and what you know. These lawyers are all a well knit family and they know what it is that they can milk you or your estate for and make a killing from it.

Fifty percent of the Marriages may work. An additional twenty five percent are floaters and continue to function due to necessity. What we hear about are the last twenty five and it sure is a large amount. You are one of them and yours seems to be an arranged marriage. Imagine you have to dig up all of the names and locations and the events to supplement your knowledge and build up a case to show how you ended up into this mess that you want to wash your hands off with. And it might not end up there and the burden of support will continue as long as you live.

You are so true that you have cast your fate in to the winds. I don't believe in FATE and it is what we do knowingly and unknowingly that comes to haunt us that we categorize to an unknown title which we call it as fate and try to grin and bite the bullet.

*RT.HON. Paul Martin started group that helps people like you and takes over where you currently are and it would be worth your while looking for the group and see if anyone would take up your case and handle it to conclusion. I will locate them too and post it under this for you to contact them. At least they might give you some directions to follow and heave a sigh of relief. Please do document each and every event and incident and compile your case with all of the documents to back your claims thus far. So, that they can do their own research to arrive at a level of conclusion that might suit your needs.

That is the best that I can do under the circumstances and see if it helps. Please do keep in touch. I am all for you.

Take care.


FH.
* https://www.justicenet.ca/about-justicenet/

I would like to meet with you, if at all possible, some time and provide you with a shoulder to share your burden.
---
Quote:
Originally posted by shijyj

Quote:
Originally posted by Full House

This happened to you, DID IT? Well, sorry to hear about it. Hope you get over it.




---
Quote:



Well yea, it did.. but I am NOT sorry about it.

I just brought my problem with me to Canada, and made her Canadian citizen, when it was much easier to get divorced in India and WAY MORE CHEAPER.

But again, it all depends on the situation also, as there are genuine ones and its way different for childless couple as well. And if you have a spouse with whom who can sensibly negotiate and part ways mutually by creating a seperation agreement, the courts are just happy to implement that.

My case was different, or maybe not.. because such cases are the ones that goes to a 'judge' to decide..

This 'arranged marriage' thing took toll on my life.. and the biggest foolishness I did (after marriage, of course) is that I brought her here when I should have divorced her back in India years ago. She has serious mental issues (that I was obviously not aware of when I got married because I spoke to her for 5 mins or so before marriage, I know, my foolishness) and guess what, there is no record of her mental illness here in Canada!! Here, a mental patient should go to doctor themselves and tell them that they have mental problem, then only the doctors will treat them!! Ridiculous in my opinion..

And the divorce lawyers charge $300 PER HOUR!! Anyone can easily spend $30,000 to $100,000 as lawyer fees alone. Not like in India where you pay Rs. 1L and the lawyer will settle everything.

So I am fighting my case here in Court of Queen's Bench MYSELF, and its really nonsense just navigating through the 1800's era legal system.

The main reason for my "WARNING" is because I read through many cases, and have heard many others, where so are many Indians end up in legal problems, and with cops or jail, based on one 911 call. Note that that record is there for your life forever, which creates problems in even getting job later on.

Then there are way too many issues (speaking generally what happens as I heard for other cases in court, not that I have been through all of these) for ex:

- the Court and Child & Family services would 'restrain' you from seeing EVEN YOUR CHILDREN (not your spouse... your children)

- You are literally homeless and cannot go 100 - 500 mts from your OWN house that you own and pay/paid for

- You still continue paying for the mortgage or house rent, utility bills, whatever

- And while she get 'ownership' of the house, even if she has not worked or earned a single penny in her life, but she can get married and stay at YOUR EXPENSES, IN YOUR HOME with her 'new husband'

- while you are FORCED to PAY for everything, including for your ex-spouse and your children that ranges from $1000 to $3000 per month depending on what you earn.

Usually more than 1/3 of what you earn you will be FORCED to PAY as spousal and/or child support. Otherwise the MEP, or Maintenance Police force (whatever) will cancel your driving license, freeze your bank-accounts etc. etc. They are very powerful. And its not only in Canada, even if you go to US or Europe or I heard, even in India, they will come behind you.

And oh.. yes.. the women get lawyers for FREE and they are there to take advantage of the situation and will even portray a domestic cat as Wild carnivorous Tiger. And the judges are just waiting to hear that as they are 'fully convinced' by lawyers representing for women; because its easier and convenient for them; in about 20 mins to 2 hours or so, as to how the family has been living for 15 years or even more!!

I guess no one talks about this openly, so thought its better that I do. But some things just have to happen, even if it took years to happen :)





 
Post ID: 237108 31-05-18 16:58:12
Report Abuse
shijyj
Junior Desi
Member since: Mar 06




Posts: 20
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Full House


* https://www.justicenet.ca/about-justicenet/

I would like to meet with you, if at all possible, some time and provide you with a shoulder to share your burden.
---
Quote:
Originally posted by shijyj








Thanks so much for your support and the link that you sent. I sincerely appreciate that. I am not sure where you are based but that's really helpful.

Also wanted to add that I understand I am limiting myself to very limited information that I have on those cases, but isn't it true that judges also make rulings based on very limited information that they have on their records (and that impact entire future of that person)!! I also understand its not an easy job to be a judge because they have very limited time to make a decision, and there are so many restrictions 'on what is an evidence' and 'what is not an evidence' etc. etc. And as someone was saying, all that matters in the courtroom is the ability of lawyer, not truth or lies.

And as a layman, it does not make sense to me as to why the judges give judgments based on 'some old cases' which may not even be remotely similar to the events they are judging, but simply because Supreme Court had made such and such ruling!! I can understand that if events and incidents recorded on both cases are SIMILAR, then its true that its a precedent that they should follow. But that's not how it works apparently.

I read through many cases that Supreme Court has made decisions on and it really made sense for that case that it was the right decision based on the events and incidents. But then they pass it down for all lower courts to implement that "blindly", which other courts implement even if those situations don't match!! Not even the PRINCIPAL's match in the cases that lawyers put forward for judges to make the ruling.... and ultimately the judgement is all about man vs. women.

I guess its just my frustration, and my ignorance, that's reflected in these posts... Sorry about that... particularly if you are in legal profession :). Also I am so much down in my case, with a suitcase full of affidavits and attachments, that a lawyer will need two days to read through my file :).

But thanks so much. I will need legal advice anyways for sure to bring this to a conclusion and will probably register through the link.



 
Post ID: 237109 01-06-18 01:49:42
Report Abuse
hchheda
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 05




Posts: 2235
Location: Woodbridge


Dear OP:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and enlightening others on the board. Applaud your courage to battle it out in courts on your own - take care and hope you are able to successfully defend yourself.

I am not a legal expert but take keen interest. I agree that cost of lawyer is ridiculously high but cost of NOT hiring a good one is much more. Nothing similar to your case - but if you look at judgements passed in many high profile cases - Jian Ghomeshi, Michael Bryant, Richard Kachkar (killed cop with snow plow) etc.. seemingly obvious guilty cases were ruled not guilty due to the skills of their smart lawyers who know how to navigate through the legal tussle.

Understand that it is the 'smart' advocate who win against the 'hardworking & honest' advocate. You emphasized that above - it is not the fact/evidence that matters, it is the argument presented by the lawyer that matters in the judgement. A lot of it is technical legal jargon - specific words mentioned in defense of specific accusation that influence the judgement. Remember that the lower court is the most flexible in terms of entering and arguing evidence. As the case progresses to higher courts the fight is more about technicality of specific sections/laws applied to the case and if the judgement/sentence is in line with the specified law. At the supreme court level it is merely about interpretation of the law - further limited but highly technical debate of english language nuances.

There is an implied bias against men in most countries family disputes courts due to historic evidences of abuse by men against women. There is already a very strong movement being organised by effected men to correct this bias, but it will take a long time to achieve that.

I personally empathize with you and understand where you are coming from - however the arguments you make in general disagreements or the logic of laws as you understand are very different than how the courts/judges interpret. The judges are still considered descendants of the royal british administration so common men are not supposed to question their wisdom.

Wish you good luck.

Hiren


 
Post ID: 237110 01-06-18 14:01:43
Report Abuse
hchheda
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 05




Posts: 2235
Location: Woodbridge


Quote:
Originally posted by Race 2the_basement

until you make them totally independent.



How many are left to be set independent? Hopefully you hurry since slavery has been banned in all democracies.

Hiren


 
Post ID: 237111 01-06-18 14:04:21
Report Abuse
elmer fudd
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 10




Posts: 457
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by shijyj





The order of priority, how all systems, not limited to legal system are:

1) children
2) women
3) Dogs
4) Environment
5) Men who return from some group overseas and make big news
6) Ordinary Men - with or without lawyer, makes no difference

I guess no one talks about this openly so thought its better that I do :)





On a positive note, you got red-pilled, which you might not have otherwise experienced. But then again, it would have been a cheaper red-pill to swallow had the entire process been in India.

Btw, Canadian (or any foreign) decrees on divorce are not recognised by Indian courts if one of the parties (especially women) contests it in India. So, basically, women can start their extortion afresh in India, with 498-A, DVC etc. Only maintenance (foreign courts orders), on its own, has some legal basis in India (as they are way more generous on account of exchange-rate).




 
Post ID: 237113 06-06-18 22:43:41
Report Abuse
elmer fudd
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 10




Posts: 457
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Race 2the_basement
After that some are wonderful and some will going to be a pain,



Unicorns. :)


 
Post ID: 237114 06-06-18 22:51:35
Report Abuse
Contributors:
Blue_Peafowl(1)  elmer fudd(3)  Full House(3)  GlobalIndian(1)  hchheda(2)  Race 2the_basement(1)  shijyj(3)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.