Jump to Page:
< Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Member since: Feb 04
Posts: 5
Location: canada

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 28-02-04 12:41:53

I am convention refugee in canada.I received acceptance letter of convention refugee before one week.I received Forms of Permanent Residence along with letter.
I fill forms but there is option for IDENTITY DOCUMENTS.

Please guide me,how many IDENTITY DOCUMENTS requier with the application?I have no passport from my home country.

When i send them my application,how long time will they take for completing the process?
Is this process for PR card or?can i apply as URGENT application?
Can i get the refugee passport?

I want to say thank you in advance.
Masood Malik

Member since: Feb 04
Posts: 2831
Location: Toronto

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 28-02-04 12:54:42

Masood --

Here in my opinion - based on what you have said, I think you should seek legal advice.
A refugee case is much more complex than skilled worker or spousal cases, and I will not recommend that you try and figure it out all by yourself.
A small mistake can turn out to be very costly.
You should seek the help of a competent immigration lawyer, who routinely handles cases like yours.
Make sure you ask the lawyer about his/her experience in handling cases like yours, and not just regular skilled worker/spousal cases.
Ask him/her for references too - any lawyer with a good reputation will give you references of past or current clients.

This is just my opinion.

All the best.

"Mah deah, there is much more money to be made in the destruction of civilization than in building it up."

-- Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind"

Member since: Feb 04
Posts: 5
Location: canada

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 28-02-04 19:15:44

Thanks for your advise.Is there any one give me advice Immigration Experts.

Member since: Feb 04
Posts: 41
Location: aapkedilmein

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 28-02-04 20:21:23

I find this post interesting simply because I am coming across a refugee status post for the first time.

I always thougt that for refugee status, everything is done by the government or immigration department to be precise because one would call himself refugee status immigrant only after the immigration has taken a refugee under their own umbrella (refuge) and they would look after you knowing very well that you might most probably not have access to a lot of documents/identity proofs etc. I would have never dreamt that you would need an immigration lawyer for the same.

While I doubt anyone, except perhaps Massood our lawyer friend can advise you on this forum, it would be a humble request to you to post your experience of the whole process - simply to increase our (members on this site) general knowledge about such cases.

If we can unite, we can be the greatest!

Member since: Dec 02
Posts: 1593
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 29-02-04 00:17:43

Masood Malik:

Complete the forms promptly. Explain to immigration about your ID documents. They probably already know that you do not have a passport.

The length of time after submitting all these papers will depend on the type of refugee claim you made; your claimed involvement (if any) with any group. CIC may have everything ready but they will definitely co-ordinate with CSIS for security clearance.

I can't give you any more advice by simply guessing the facts. Good luck!

Massood Joomratty, LLB(Hons), LLM" target="_blank">Your Canadian Immigration Lawyer" rel="nofollow">LINK

Jump to Page: < Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Discussions similar to: CONVENTION REFUGEE...

Topic Forum Views Replies
PR Application returned
Independent Category 1954 3
need ur help
Ask Immigration Expert 1098 1
Refugee Passport
Ask Immigration Expert 1256 1
Ask Immigration Expert 1340 4
In Canada Application for Permanent Residence?
Family Class 1242 0
Is it true?
Independent Category 1315 1
Urgent - Reg. Travel Doc !!
USA and other countries 1027 3
Do I need Visa?
Independent Category 1216 0
Do i need visaS?
Ask Immigration Expert 1339 3
Refugee case timeline
Ask Immigration Expert 1002 0
Family name spellings mistake , Kindly suggest accordingly
Ask Immigration Expert 2234 4
Sponsoring spouse who is claimant refugee
Ask Immigration Expert 2024 3
First stage of approval letter!!!
Ask Immigration Expert 1135 0
Sponser Parents
Ask Immigration Expert 989 0
Inland Permanent Residancey!
Independent Category 1216 0
Benifits for converted Refugee
Ask Immigration Expert 1351 4
Ask Immigration Expert 1664 7
In Canada PR Application for Convention Refugees
Ask Immigration Expert 1297 1
Sticky: Sponsoring your child from outside of Canada ( 1 2 3 ... Last )
A do it yourself guide!
Family Class 47655 38
Resubmission of Documents - Parent's Sponsorship
Family Class 3880 5
Parent sponsorship letter received after 3 yrs. - timeline ( 1 2 3 ... Last )
Family Class 18653 43
Passport stamping time in New Delhi?
Family Class 1867 6
Refugee claimant passport renewal
Ask Immigration Expert 1064 2
London Visa Office - Medical Done & RPRF sent along with updated forms
Independent Category 2266 1
Landing Paper of Sponsor requirement for OCI application ( 1 2 )
Ask Immigration Expert 5425 10


Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions

Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.