Need suggestions as I am in a dilemma

Jump to Page:
< Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Member since: Sep 08
Posts: 220

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 26-01-10 16:45:16

I am a mature male (now 34) who came to study at Centennial college for a one year marketing Certificate program in April 08.

After finishing my Certificate in Dec 08 got one year graduate work permit and did odd Jobs till June 09, and after June was doing a desk job/ contract /salary CAD1520/- .........till today (fired/mutual).

My reason to post here is because i am in a dilemma,

1)I did not file for PR yet,

2)My graduate work permit work visa expires on March 22nd 2010.

and I was just stupid

Now options for me,

1) go back to Centennial college for one year get visa then file then wait and study something which hardy gets any job.

2) Go to University enroll my self for a degree as an international student thinking of CGA/CMA
3)Go west to Saskatchewan / easy province (dont have anybody there ) look for a job as work visa extension and filing time is less.

4) Go back to India

Poll lines are open please comment

Member since: Jan 10
Posts: 16

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 26-01-10 17:07:04

Hope you are doing good.
I personally feel you should apply for a short term course and in the mean while look for a job at the same time apply for your PR.
CMA is a good thing but you have to be patient enough when looking for a job. Market is coming up now but still is not at its best. However good luck.

Member since: Jan 07
Posts: 980

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 27-01-10 16:19:11

all these student visa scams eventually catch and u have to go back..

why not go back now, apply for PR and come back..

Member since: Sep 09
Posts: 30
Location: Brampton

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 27-01-10 20:10:24


I think you should apply for Work permit renewal with a reference from your
current employer or open work permit.These days it might be tough to get permit becasue preference they are giving to citizens first but there is no harm in apply.
These days waiting period is 90 days for renewal and I think you still have some time.

Call CIC customer service and get their advice.

Good Luck,

Jump to Page: < Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Discussions similar to: Need suggestions as I am in a dilemma

Topic Forum Views Replies
Looking for small program to study in Canada on study-permit
Study 1493 1
Q to study 1 more year in Canada and claim 5 points of adaptability
Ask Immigration Expert 1421 2
From Study Permit to Work Permit and again to Study Permit for Immigration
Ask Immigration Expert 1800 5
Regarding Validity of Visa
Ask Immigration Expert 1253 5
Graduate Work Permit
Student Visa 1640 3
Common problem after graduate work permit expires for Intl Students ( 1 2 3 ... Last )
Student Visa 17263 63
post graduate work permit ?
Independent Category 1252 1
Study permit extn. after post-graduate work permit
Student Visa 1249 2
Skilled worker category...from Buffalo
Independent Category 1181 0
Application from Buffalo ...
Ask Immigration Expert 1209 0
Post Graduate work permit in Ontario
Ask Immigration Expert 1338 0
Citizenship 2600 0
work permit expires
Student Visa 1608 2
Workpermit extension and PR
Ask Immigration Expert 1220 3
work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1352 2
Need suggestions as I am in a dilemma
Ask Immigration Expert 1326 3
Ontarion PNP applicant applying for work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1402 1
Delay in applying for Post graduate work permit
Student Visa 2297 0
Post graduate work permit
Independent Category 1367 1
Missed the last date for Post graduate work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1650 2
Post Graduate Work Permit Expiring
Ask Immigration Expert 1877 2
Urgent: Post Graduate work permit and Extension of PGWP
Ask Immigration Expert 4140 4
Work permit extension
Independent Category 1070 1
PR Confusion and Guidance
Independent Category 978 0
PR Confusion and Guidance Requested
Ask Immigration Expert 916 1


Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions

Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.