Canard and calumny as news!- Are NDTV, TOI, The Hindu liars or Modi is liar


Jump to Page:
< Previous  [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]    Next >




Nightmare   
Member since: Apr 06
Posts: 1170
Location:

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 23-03-10 17:40:38

In past few days, NDTV ,TOI, The Hindu and other newspapers prominently reported that Mr. Modi, CM of Gujarat has been summoned by SIT. However, Modi has PUBLICLY refuted the claim. I do not know whom to believe.


Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, in an open letter to the nation, exposes how sections of the media bent upon demonising him have been putting out the falsehood that he was summoned by the SIT on March 21. The date, he says, is an invention of vested interests, aimed at interfering in the due process of law and tarnishing his image

M y beloved countrymen,

Namaskar!

I am constrained to write to you with a deep sense of anguish. Since last eight years, canards have been spread against me. For the past one week, if we analyse the allegations levelled against me, then the truth will become evident. Truth cannot be suppressed. It is now my duty to place before you the facts that bring out the importance of understanding what the truth really is.

After the 2002 Godhra incidents, I had categorically said in the Vidhan Sabha and in public that no one is above the Indian Constitution and the law, even if he happens to be the Chief Minister of a State. These are not mere words. My actions have reflected this statement in its true spirit. I assure you that this would be my stand in the future.

In spite of that, some vested interests, without losing a single opportunity and with malicious pleasure and without bothering to ascertain the truth based on mere whims and fancies have been tarnishing the good image of Gujarat, my Government and me.

Recently, there has been a systematic campaign to defame Gujarat through propagation of false reports titled ‘Special Investigation Team summons Narendra Modi’; ‘Narendra Modi did not appear before SIT’ and ‘Modi has shown disrespect to Supreme Court and SIT’. Such baseless allegations are being levelled once again against me to defame Gujarat.

I am therefore compelled to place the facts before my countrymen.

FACTS:

As soon as newspapers began reporting that Modi has been summoned by the SIT, the Government spokesperson immediately said that Shri Modi is bound by the law of the land and the Indian Constitution. He has always extended his cooperation to every procedure of law. And he is committed to do so in the future.

It is a matter of grave concern and needs investigation as to why and who started spreading lies that ‘SIT summons Narendra Modi on March 21, 2010’.

The purveyors of untruth failed even to think that March 21, 2010 happens to be a Sunday and a public holiday.

These purveyors of lies even did not once bother to check whether the key SIT officers, who are appointed by the Supreme Court, were present in Gujarat on March 21, 2010.

SIT had not fixed March 21, 2010 for my appearance. To say that I was summoned on March 21 is completely false. I shall respond to the SIT fully respecting the law and keeping in view the dignity of a body appointed by the Supreme Court.

The date of March 21, 2010 was invented by some vested interest and as a part of their effort to interfere in the due process of law. They wanted to paint me as a person who refused to respond to the SIT. This country has in the last twenty four hours witnessed a campaign of disinformation in which a section of the media became an instrument of the disinformers. I hope this section will now take corrective steps.

My beloved countrymen,

The people of Gujarat and this country have identified those who are defaming Gujarat continuously since 2002. But I want to tell the truth that spreading falsehoods has only one single purpose and that is to instigate people. It is a sinful action which will harm the working of a democratic state. Seen in the backdrop of events in the last 24 hours, it shows that there is a nexus among the vested interests in spreading lies against me in order to defame me. This machination has come unstuck and the people have seen through this charade.

The Government of Gujarat has always honoured and cooperated with the investigative agencies, commissions and the Supreme Court looking into Godhra and post-Godhra incidents. And that is why I never thought of giving a public statement on this issue. Despite unbearable pain, I decided to maintain silence in the belief that the due process of law would take its own course.

But now, as the lies reach a crescendo as never before, I am compelled to bring the facts before the countrymen. I also consider it my humble duty.

I hope the truth is not twisted by the purveyors of untruth to misguide the investigation. And I expect that the media would bring my deep pain and despair to the notice of the people.

Thanks,
Narendra Modi



Maharaj   
Member since: Oct 02
Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 23-03-10 18:27:45

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightmare
I do not know whom to believe.


Simble ... if u can't beat them - join them and if you can't even join them - ignore them is the only option ...

Boley to tension nahi lene ka ... khao, khujao - batti bujao.




-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...


Iknownothing   
Member since: Jan 08
Posts: 429
Location: Ohio

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 30-03-10 14:13:05

Well, it's apparent that the crook had the audacity to lie to his 'Countrymen'. His supporters are going a step ahead and saying he condescended on the judiciary by appearing in front of the SIT.

I hope something good comes out of this investigation and the guilty is brought to justice. Hope India won't be disappointed as She was in Sajjan Kumar's case.

What a shame!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightmare

In past few days, NDTV ,TOI, The Hindu and other newspapers prominently reported that Mr. Modi, CM of Gujarat has been summoned by SIT. However, Modi has PUBLICLY refuted the claim. I do not know whom to believe.


Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, in an open letter to the nation, exposes how sections of the media bent upon demonising him have been putting out the falsehood that he was summoned by the SIT on March 21. The date, he says, is an invention of vested interests, aimed at interfering in the due process of law and tarnishing his image

M y beloved countrymen,

Namaskar!

I am constrained to write to you with a deep sense of anguish. Since last eight years, canards have been spread against me. For the past one week, if we analyse the allegations levelled against me, then the truth will become evident. Truth cannot be suppressed. It is now my duty to place before you the facts that bring out the importance of understanding what the truth really is.

After the 2002 Godhra incidents, I had categorically said in the Vidhan Sabha and in public that no one is above the Indian Constitution and the law, even if he happens to be the Chief Minister of a State. These are not mere words. My actions have reflected this statement in its true spirit. I assure you that this would be my stand in the future.

In spite of that, some vested interests, without losing a single opportunity and with malicious pleasure and without bothering to ascertain the truth based on mere whims and fancies have been tarnishing the good image of Gujarat, my Government and me.

Recently, there has been a systematic campaign to defame Gujarat through propagation of false reports titled ‘Special Investigation Team summons Narendra Modi’; ‘Narendra Modi did not appear before SIT’ and ‘Modi has shown disrespect to Supreme Court and SIT’. Such baseless allegations are being levelled once again against me to defame Gujarat.

I am therefore compelled to place the facts before my countrymen.

FACTS:

As soon as newspapers began reporting that Modi has been summoned by the SIT, the Government spokesperson immediately said that Shri Modi is bound by the law of the land and the Indian Constitution. He has always extended his cooperation to every procedure of law. And he is committed to do so in the future.

It is a matter of grave concern and needs investigation as to why and who started spreading lies that ‘SIT summons Narendra Modi on March 21, 2010’.

The purveyors of untruth failed even to think that March 21, 2010 happens to be a Sunday and a public holiday.

These purveyors of lies even did not once bother to check whether the key SIT officers, who are appointed by the Supreme Court, were present in Gujarat on March 21, 2010.

SIT had not fixed March 21, 2010 for my appearance. To say that I was summoned on March 21 is completely false. I shall respond to the SIT fully respecting the law and keeping in view the dignity of a body appointed by the Supreme Court.

The date of March 21, 2010 was invented by some vested interest and as a part of their effort to interfere in the due process of law. They wanted to paint me as a person who refused to respond to the SIT. This country has in the last twenty four hours witnessed a campaign of disinformation in which a section of the media became an instrument of the disinformers. I hope this section will now take corrective steps.

My beloved countrymen,

The people of Gujarat and this country have identified those who are defaming Gujarat continuously since 2002. But I want to tell the truth that spreading falsehoods has only one single purpose and that is to instigate people. It is a sinful action which will harm the working of a democratic state. Seen in the backdrop of events in the last 24 hours, it shows that there is a nexus among the vested interests in spreading lies against me in order to defame me. This machination has come unstuck and the people have seen through this charade.

The Government of Gujarat has always honoured and cooperated with the investigative agencies, commissions and the Supreme Court looking into Godhra and post-Godhra incidents. And that is why I never thought of giving a public statement on this issue. Despite unbearable pain, I decided to maintain silence in the belief that the due process of law would take its own course.

But now, as the lies reach a crescendo as never before, I am compelled to bring the facts before the countrymen. I also consider it my humble duty.

I hope the truth is not twisted by the purveyors of untruth to misguide the investigation. And I expect that the media would bring my deep pain and despair to the notice of the people.

Thanks,
Narendra Modi



dudewheresmycar   
Member since: Jan 07
Posts: 980
Location:

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 30-03-10 16:46:04


Narendra Modi was never in the forefront of the riots, there was some mismanagement and probably politicos at lower levels involved. I think it is the single biggest reason he is still scot free..

If u talk to Gujratis they will tell u what NM has done for Gujrat is like what CB Naidu did for AP.. he has changed the face of Gujrat creating jobs and boosting the economy..

That is something we dont hear in the news...



Iknownothing   
Member since: Jan 08
Posts: 429
Location: Ohio

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 30-03-10 17:50:39

Quote:
Originally posted by dudewheresmycar


If u talk to Gujratis they will tell u what NM has done for Gujrat is like what CB Naidu did for AP.. he has changed the face of Gujrat creating jobs and boosting the economy..




How does it matter. He is a person of interest in a mass murder case and that's the reason the SIT has summoned him.



Nightmare   
Member since: Apr 06
Posts: 1170
Location:

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 31-03-10 12:48:39

Quote:
Originally posted by Iknownothing

Quote:
Originally posted by dudewheresmycar


If u talk to Gujratis they will tell u what NM has done for Gujrat is like what CB Naidu did for AP.. he has changed the face of Gujrat creating jobs and boosting the economy..




How does it matter. He is a person of interest in a mass murder case and that's the reason the SIT has summoned him.



I agree with dudewheresmycar.

CJI (Who approves of the marriage between rapist and victim ) has mentality of a 14th century person and has risen to position of CJI just becase he belongs to "SC" category. It is well known that SC judges look for post retirement assignments and hence their decisions are colored by the views of parties in power. Nanavati commission has already cleared Modi. The riots were really bad but I fail to understand what more Modi could have done. There are many sikkulars who wanted police to fire indiscrimanately on rioting mobs and kill many more people. However, police are also human and further indiscrimante firing would have resulted in more violance as passions of people were inflamed due to typical cowardly and gruesome killing of innocent pilgrims (mostly women and children). Islamic terrorists are typical cowards who target innocent. They have inflicted so much pain on the world. Godhra incident was heinous and people reacted. I would gree that that was inappropriate as innocents lost the life but in riots ALWAYS innocent suffer. India - Pakistan division left millions of Hindu dead and those scars are still there. Godhra incident was so heinous that it proved to be last straw. Modi did his best. In the riots 300 Hindu were killed mostly in police firing. This is proof enough for Modi's action. One can not blame Modi unless one is sickular.



Iknownothing   
Member since: Jan 08
Posts: 429
Location: Ohio

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 31-03-10 15:50:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightmare

The riots were really bad but I fail to understand what more Modi could have done.



Seriously?
Quote:


There are many sikkulars who wanted police to fire indiscrimanately on rioting mobs and kill many more people. However, police are also human and further indiscrimante firing would have resulted in more violance as passions of people were inflamed due to typical cowardly and gruesome killing of innocent pilgrims (mostly women and children).



And two wrongs make a right? Good Math!!
Quote:


Islamic terrorists are typical cowards who target innocent.



Terrorists are cowards. Period. They can be of any faith, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Christian.
Quote:


India - Pakistan division left millions of Hindu dead and those scars are still there. Godhra incident was so heinous that it proved to be last straw.



This is the difference, you view Hindu and Muslim lives in different lights. For me they are the same.. innocent people who deserved to live.
Quote:


Modi did his best. In the riots 300 Hindu were killed mostly in police firing. This is proof enough for Modi's action. One can not blame Modi unless one is sickular.



Spelling secular as sikular doesn't change the meaning of the word... But, you won't get it!

The law would take it own course and hopefully justice will prevail. But it was nice to see you defend someone who is under the scanner by the SC of India and human rights organizations all across the globe.



Contributors: Iknownothing(5) Nightmare(4) dudewheresmycar(1) spaceman(1) Maharaj(1)



Jump to Page: < Previous  [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]    Next >

Discussions similar to: Canard and calumny as news!- Are NDTV, TOI, The Hindu liars or Modi is liar

Topic Forum Views Replies
Narendra Modi in Gujarat ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 5431 13
Gujarat First: Narendra Modi Zindabad ! ( 1 2 3 )
Our Native Country! 5017 20
I want Gujarat to compete with China: Modi
Our Native Country! 1457 0
Life in CANADA as it appeared in Gujarat Samachar ( 1 2 )
Life 3462 8
Why most of the Indian Media after Narendra Modi (Gujarat CM) ?
General 1216 1
Narendra Modi wins In Gujarat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 2010 9
India’s New Face ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 4068 8
Amitabh Bachchan to be brand ambassador for Gujarat ( 1 2 3 )
General 2980 15
Is Narendra Modi going down?
Our Native Country! 1601 3
Canard and calumny as news!- Are NDTV, TOI, The Hindu liars or Modi is liar ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 3610 11
Amitabh exposes Kangress's sick mentality against Gujarat
Our Native Country! 1603 1
Modi next BJP chief? ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 1957 7
You Cannot Praise Narendra Modi in India: Secularism ?
Our Native Country! 1259 0
A Case Study Media and Narendra Modi
Our Native Country! 1314 0
Think who is 'INDIAN IDOL'? Rahul Gandhi or 'NARENDRA MODI'. ( 1 2 )
Our Native Country! 1681 8
BJP silent on compromise of Gujarat riot cases
Our Native Country! 2044 6
Indian elections ... 2014
Our Native Country! 2287 0
Time Magazine Survey - Modi as most influential person of year
Our Native Country! 1219 0
USA holds firm on Modi visa denial ( 1 2 )
USA 2123 10
Modi’s favours to Canadian company – Geo Global
Our Native Country! 1178 0
Wharton Drops Modi, Invites Kejriwal To Address Conference
Our Native Country! 9498 5
Pappu Vs. Feku
Our Native Country! 1248 5
Narendra Modi for PM - help India regain its lost glory..
Our Native Country! 1897 1
Modi for leaner cabinet?
Our Native Country! 1146 2
Saudi & UAE introduce VAT
General 1589 2
 


Share:
















Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.