Work Permit Extended. Should I get new visa as well?

Jump to Page:
< Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Member since: May 08
Posts: 11

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 10-04-09 18:42:48

Dear all,

I am currently on a work permit in Canada. My initial work permit was expiring by the end of this month, and I recently filed an extension application with CIC Canada, from within Canada, and now have a work permit until April 2010.

I also had a visa on my passport, issued by CHC Delhi until April 2009. Now, if I travel to the US from Canada next month and need to return, should I get a new visa on passport, from a Canadian consulate in the US? Or having the valid work permit will suffice as an entry document? Thanks for your answers in advance.


Member since: Oct 06
Posts: 369

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 10-04-09 19:03:26

according to cic website you can

You leave Canada and then want to re‑enter

If you leave Canada after working here and then want to come back here to work, you must have a valid passport or travel document and a valid work permit.

If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada, you must also have a valid entry visa to return, unless you are returning to Canada from the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and the period initially authorized for your entry or any extension to it, as a visitor, student or worker has not expired.

--- but you never know, they might ask for the visa

Jump to Page: < Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Discussions similar to: Work Permit Extended. Should I get new visa as well?

Topic Forum Views Replies
Work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1680 1
Work permit extension
Independent Category 1088 0
Ways to becomre permanent residence for Student Visa holders - A question to Imm ( 1 2 )
Ask Immigration Expert 2043 7
Question regarding Work (W1) Visa extension!
Independent Category 4005 1
Urgent help Work Permit Renew/Transfer !!!!!
Ask Immigration Expert 1543 3
Process for conversion of post grad work permit to work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1309 2
For Mr Massood: (Imp) Work Permit extended, Visa stamping ?
Ask Immigration Expert 1643 2
URGENT - Please help
Ask Immigration Expert 1651 3
Applying for a new Temporary Resident Visa (entry visa) while in Canada
General 1330 2
Work permit to Student Visa
Ask Immigration Expert 1181 2
re-entry issue,multiple entry visa on valid work permit
Ask Immigration Expert 1357 1
Spousal work permit needs reentering canada???
Ask Immigration Expert 1403 3
Work permit ( 1 2 )
Ask Immigration Expert 1857 7
Need info abt new student visa and 3 yr work permit rules vs PR
Student Visa 2052 4
How to process work permit for Canada work visa
Jobs 1437 0
Passport renewal at HCI Ottawa & Extension of Work Permit with CIC
Ask Immigration Expert 1916 1
Work Permit Extended. Should I get new visa as well?
Ask Immigration Expert 1272 1
Work Permit Extension - Need VISA extension as well ( 1 2 3 )
Ask Immigration Expert 3880 16
Travel from US (by land) into Canada w/o valid visa but valid work permits
Ask Immigration Expert 2159 5
need details for spouse work permit...please help..!!
Ask Immigration Expert 1714 6
Reg Sep30th,2010 LMO changes for IT professionals
Ask Immigration Expert 1640 3
Work permit extension or back to visitor status ??
Independent Category 1293 0
Applying for PR under CEC with out work permit (WP extn in Progress)
Independent Category 1691 0
Do I need to inform abot new work permit while PR application under process
Ask Immigration Expert 943 2
Need Help For Work Permit
Independent Category 1082 1


Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions

Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.