Jump to Page:
< Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Member since: May 10
Posts: 162

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 20-03-23 09:46:15

Hello guys,
I d like know my wife sell some arts. she made little bit money lastyear around 4k. some of them received cash and most of them in etransfer. I want to know can I show her income as self employeed on tax. do i need to register company and get gst number. can i show here expense as well.Do I need to keep all records. Your help is appreicated.

Garvo Gujarati   
Member since: Nov 01
Posts: 3115

Post ID: #PID Posted on: 20-03-23 14:06:14

I am not expert on this topic, but this kind of work belongs to hobbies and yes you can include income including cash and you can claim expenses. You should keep receipts and records, but revenue agency will not chase small stuff such as this, so you should be good.

You should apply for GST is this is going to be a recurring thing and the income is more than a certain amount. You can check on official site.

A Proud Indian Canadian

Jump to Page: < Previous  [ 1 ]    Next >

Discussions similar to: TAX

Topic Forum Views Replies
My opinion
Feedback and Comments 2161 2
Poll: studnt visa for canada
Ask Immigration Expert 1526 1
Cash Money
Just Landed 1646 3
Citizen Sponsoring spouse while working/staying outside Canada
Ask Immigration Expert 1837 4
Carrying cash while landing ( 1 2 3 )
Moving Soon 5129 16
Income tax return or pay slips for Immigration
Independent Category 1436 3
Proof of Funds - Can I show fixed assets
Independent Category 1320 1
Question for person on Payroll and Incorporated business ( 1 2 )
Accounting and Taxation 2427 9
Amitabh unforgettable show a fan's perspective
Events 1755 5
what application date i should write on parents immigration application
Ask Immigration Expert 1663 4
Where to show basement rental income in tax return ( 1 2 )
Accounting and Taxation 4758 9
Proof of funds - serious suggestions needed
Ask Immigration Expert 2428 6
Visitor Visa Rejected : Reason regulation 179 ( 1 2 )
Ask Immigration Expert 7059 7
Question about GST
Accounting and Taxation 1835 2
Need tax advice for small business
Accounting and Taxation 1323 2
Question - Parents sponsorship application
Ask Immigration Expert 1704 1
Contracting (monthly) - Should i register a company ?
Financial Planning 2485 3
Sponsoring my wife
Family Class 1299 1
Applying for spouse tourist visa and i am in canada as a student ( 1 2 )
Student Visa 4186 8
POF at the POE
Ask Immigration Expert 1451 5
Travel expense for business and vacation
Accounting and Taxation 1297 1
Baby sitting Income
Accounting and Taxation 1414 1
Do I need to register company
Business 1028 2
Financial Planning 1389 1
Accounting and Taxation 11355 1


Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions

Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.